Another year has passed. We are towards the end of the year and It is time to reflect on 2015. Every year, there will be always good and bad things. This year is no different in that way for me. May be the percentage of not so good was more in 2015 😦
Good things to remember in 2015
- Towards the end of 2014, had an opportunity to work on creating a SaaS based Real time streaming solution for a large security company. 2015 started with the win of this project and what a way to kick start the year!
- Got an wonderful opportunity to work on integrating data from various marketing and digital channels and create a data lake for the world’s leading postal company.
- Got an opportunity to work with a team to implement in-memory (Hana based) business intelligence platform for the world’s largest ketchup manufacturer. Worked with their Enterprise Architecture team to create a security blueprint and IDM implementation roadmap.
- Did a fair amount of work with DevOps in 2014. Got a great opportunity to present/demonstrate DevOps capabilities to a great set of technical folks. Helped in winning the deal.
- Got opportunities to understand and work with teams to implement HOLAP and Stream analytics.
- Got exposure to Customer Service in an Enterprise SaaS world.
- Understood the difference between Reporting and Dashboards (in a hard way).
- The way I looked at SaaS architecture changed dramatically. Now, I look at the Maturity models based on the business landscape.
Personally, the start-up bug started biting me towards the end of 2014. We were close to starting a Services business on our own. Explored couple of Product ideas as well. Took one of the product idea and detailed it to a great extent. Did a fair amount of Customer Discovery and Validation exercise.
What I initially thought as a vertical add-on, eventually became a mammoth horizontal platform idea. Realized that it would take at least 3 to 4 years before can do anything with it. Dropped it after living & breathing the idea for almost 3 months!
Learnt a lot in the whole process. Though it was a failed attempt, at least learnt what it means to take a hypothesis, visualize, conceptualize and start something 🙂
If you don’t code on your own, better don’t get into the start-up thought process.
Thanks to Neelam, Subhajit, Sudhakar, Ashish, Gayathri and Sendhil for their help in the validation exercise.
Made some not so good (crazy) decisions with my career this year! Though it was not a great decision, at least i don’t have the thought that I haven’t tried anything new anymore.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying ~ Tony Robbins
From a technology front, 2015 was an year full of Data related projects for me. My understanding on this space has become much better in 2015.
Overall, 2015 was a decent year! An year filled with career adventures, self-disruption, lots and lots of learning’s!
Hope 2016 will be a better year!
Wishing you all a Very happy new year!
May the NEW YEAR bring you GOOD HEALTH, PEACE and HAPPINESS.