I found this Interesting Guide on Leadership. Must Read….
Good leaders are made not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience.
To inspire your developers into higher levels of teamwork, there are certain things you must be, know, and, do. These do not come naturally, but are acquired through continual work and study. Good leaders are continually working and studying to improve their leadership skills; they are NOT resting on their laurels.
Principles of Leadership
- Be technically proficient – As a leader, you must know your job and have a solid familiarity with your employees’ tasks.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions – Search for ways to guide your organization to new heights. And when things go wrong, they always do sooner or later — do not blame others. Analyze the situation, take corrective action, and move on to the next challenge.
- Make sound and timely decisions – Use good problem solving, decision making, and planning tools.
- Set the example – Be a good role model for your employees. They must not only hear what they are expected to do, but also see. We must become the change we want to see – Mahatma Gandhi
- Know your people and look out for their well-being – Know human nature and the importance of sincerely caring for your workers.
- Keep your workers informed – Know how to communicate with not only them, but also seniors and other key people.
- Develop a sense of responsibility in your workers – Help to develop good character traits that will help them carry out their professional responsibilities.
- Ensure that tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished – Communication is the key to this responsibility.
- Train as a team – Although many so called leaders call their organization, department, section, etc. a team; they are not really teams…they are just a group of people doing their jobs.
- Use the full capabilities of your organization – By developing a team spirit, you will be able to employ your organization, department, section, etc. to its fullest capabilities.