Threat modeling is an engineering technique you can use to help you identify threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures in the context of your application scenario. The threat modeling activity helps you to:
- Identify your security objectives.
- Identify relevant threats.
- Identify relevant vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
Why Use Threat Modeling?
Use threat modeling to:
- Shape your application design to meet your security objectives.
- Help make trade-offs during key engineering decisions.
- Reduce risk of security issues arising during development and operations.